Please inform the Cemetery Department 48 hours in advance of the time and date that the interment service will take place. Cremation Interments are scheduled Mon through Fri. 9:00 – 2:00. Cremation Interments for Saturdays are scheduled to begin no later than 11:00 AM.
- An outer container is REQUIRED for a cremation burial.
- A ridged outer container is the minimum standard for a cremation burial.
- You may contact the funeral home of your choice for this purchase.
- You may invite a member of the clergy to attend the service.
- Flowers may be brought to the cemetery on the day of service.
Please bring the following to the cemetery on the day of the service:
- Cremation Certificate, this document is usually found in an envelope attached to the urn or cremation container.
- Along with the Cremation Certificate, you must present a copy of the Burial Permit/Death Certificate.
- A signed interment order, (supplied by the Cemetery Dept. or click here to download). This form will give the Cemetery Dept. permission to open the grave for the interment.
- If necessary, a copy of the Signed Cremation Authorization Form, which your funeral home can provide.
- Check made payable to: Town of Chelmsford.
Monday – Friday
Niche Wall In-Urnment
Monday – Friday
Fee for a Canopy
A canopy is available for a fee of $200.
Cremation and Niche Wall Regulations
The following regulations have been adopted by the Board of Cemetery Commissioners for the governance of all Rules and Regulations for the Cremation Garden and the Niche Walls located in the Town of Chelmsford.
The Cemetery Department is not responsible for any flowers, or any other decorations placed on graves or lots by the owners.
If there are any questions regarding the Cremation Garden or the Niche Wall, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (978) 250-5245.